- Your role as a Nomination Committee member
- Desired skills and experience
- How to join the Nomination Committee
- Your contribution to Canada’s internet
- Important dates and deadlines
Your role as a Nomination Committee member
The role of the Nomination Committee is to seek and select qualified candidates for the Nomination Committee slate of CIRA's Board of Directors Election. Its focus is to select professional candidates for CIRA’s Board of Directors that represents a wide range of views and interests, ultimately contributing to the strategic direction of the organization.
As a member of the Nomination Committee it is your responsibility to:
- Solicit experienced Canadians who can help guide CIRA in its goal of enabling a trusted internet for Canadians.
- Develop and provide to the board a list of skills, experience and demographic criteria for Directors.
- Provide CIRA's Board of Directors and members a slate of candidates from which the members will elect Directors.
- Identify, interview, and check references of prospective candidates.
- Commit up to five days for candidate review and selection, depending on the number of applications received.
Candidates applying to become a member of the Nomination Committee must be available to meet virtually on the following dates: May 4, 2021 and July 6 & 8, 2021.
Desired skills and experience
We are seeking Canadians who:
- understand the experiences of a diverse range of industry sectors,
- have governance experience (mandatory),
- have experience identifying and selecting superior candidates, and
- have an interest in supporting the development of the internet in Canada.
How to join the nomination committee
Joining the nomination committee involves two simple steps:
- Verify that you are qualified: we are looking for individuals with specific skills and experience. Make sure you qualify before submitting your application.
- Complete the online application form and upload your resume: applications and resumes will be accepted through on our online application system from March 4 to March 18, 2021 at 2 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
Your contribution to Canada’s internet
Members of the nomination committee have the opportunity to:
- Serve a two-year term with the objective of building a member-elected Board of Directors that represents Canada’s wide range of views and interests.
- Play a key role in the process of evaluating and selecting candidates for a high-performance Board at a national level.
- Apply your skills and experiences to ensure balanced representation and effective governance that will help CIRA achieve its goals.
- Gain valuable insight and experience around technical innovation, internet policy and organizational governance.
- Make a valuable contribution to the strategic direction of CIRA and the internet in Canada.
Important dates and deadlines
Application period begins: March 4, 2021
Application deadline: March 18, 2021 at 2 p.m. ET
Nomination committee announced: April 2021
Nomination committee meeting*: July 6 & 8, 2021
*Note: If you are selected to join the committee, attendance at this meeting is mandatory.